In this ever fast changing world content has to be delivered quickly and succinctly, the Vine App, a six second social video sharing app plays to this need perfectly. You don’t need to be the next Spielberg or Tarantino to create your short video clip on a continuous loop. All you need to do is point, shoot and upload, it couldn’t be easier. To help you get started the following explains how to use the Vine App, plus I have included a few tips:
- “Home” shows; your timeline of videos you have created, Editor’s Picks, videos you have like and videos from people you are following.
- Make sure you use the appropriate #hashtag. You can find the most popular #hashtags by going to “Explore”. You can also search for people too.
- The “Activity” section details your videos, people who have started following you and who has liked your recent Vine posts.
- Make sure your Twitter profile is completed, as this data will be pulled across to your Vine “Profile”. If you don’t have a Twitter profile, then register for an account today.
Vine App Tips
- Keep your videos fun and simply. Don’t over complicate your shoot, remember you only have six seconds to get your message across.
- Check for lighting and hold your device steady, this will help make the video look more professional. Unless you are looking to create a six second “Blair Witch Project” masterpiece.
- Press the screen for six seconds to create a continuous video. To create a stop motion video tap the screen every time you want to move your static item until you have completed the motion. Once you are happy with your results press “next”.
- Add a caption for your video, be descriptive and add appropriate #hashtags.
- Add a location for your video, note this is powered by Foursquare.
- Upload your video and share on the Vine App, Twitter and Facebook to maximise exposure.
- Finally, promote your Vine video multiple times on your social profiles to increase views and likes.
You can find my Vine videos by searching for me “Zoe Sands” or via my Twitter account @Zoe9.
Vine is simply, so what’s stopping you from getting started?!